Tuesday, November 25, 2008

The Giants of New York


Everyone knew the time was going to come for me to right about my favorite Football team and oh yes the time is here. I'm going to have a little for, because its been a long time coming for me to be able to say my team is the toast of the NFL. The New York Giants have been a good team for a long time and they have had many great players and a tradition of winning games. However over the past decade they have had multiple playoff appearances and have brought the Lombardi Trophy to great city of New York. Eli Manning has grown into a Quarterback that while his facial expressions may not exude the most confidence when he makes a mistake, his consistent play has more than made up for it. With a three factor back, backfield, including Brandon Jacobs, Ahmad Bradshaw and Derrick Ward. (Thanks Merrill Hodge, I think that is a great phrase.)

The Giants are poised to make another run at the title in 2008, due to plethora of skilled players up and down the roster. I know you are intrigued to hear their names again. Plaxico Burress, the outstanding wideout who has dazzled on the field since his days in a Steelers uniform. I am not a total offense nut, so I have to say, "Good Day" to my defense. Starting with Justin Tuck and Mathias Kiwanuka. These guys anchor a defensive line that has been dominating scrimmages for two years now, just ask Tom Brady. The coaching staff is lead by Tom Coughlin is superb. With his team first mentality, we can all take a page out of the book of Couglin and teach selfless behavior as a mainstay and a character trait to be applauded.

With five games to play in the regular season, the Giants still have a long way to go. The season looks good and the future look bright. This Sunday, the Giants will be in DC to play the Redskins at FedEx field. Tune in for the action, the game will be on Fox local in the DMV. We will be back to follow the story post game.

No comments: