Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Love two wheels


When its warm a day won't go by without the need for me to get on my bike and lean through a corner at a safe speed. There is something to said about being able to sit out on your bike, feel the wind go through you jacket. The joy you see on a young persons face when you ride by and they marvel at the sight of you on a bike. It is one of the greatest feelings in the world. This is not a sentiment shared by everyone however, due to the inherent danger that comes along with riding a motorcycle.

I have lost friends to accidents in cars, as well as riding a bike and the feeling is always the same. The loss of a loved one is tough to deal with. Riding a motorcycle is a selfish hobby and many riders don't respect the power that is in their right hand while on a bike. This lack of respect and need for speed can make for a dangerous combination.

Suzi Q and I, have been through somethings. Suzi is my bike. She is pretty young thing. Her daddy was orange and her mommy was black. I love her, and she loves me back. I take care of her and she does the same for me. I respect her above all things and that is why she will keep me safe. If you ride a bike and read this post, put your throttle hand in the air and rev your engine one time for respect and two times for love, a third means you lost someone and your saying hello to those up above.

No comments: